Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday



hello, internet. today is sunday. for many religionist it is the day set apart for the worship of god. i went to church today. i live with a rather religious family. i myself, am not religious. i am logical, reasonable, and do something that is very stupid; think. i like to form my own opinions. i like to base those opinions on reality. and reality has not shown me evidence to support the idea of god, let alone the whole bible. today, i observed dozens of people praying. i observed how the pastor can just say something and everyone would believe it. believing something that has absolutely no evidence. wow. god really is a strong idea. especially, when it's an unquestionable idea. dangerous idea.

i don't like church. i don't like religion. i don't like god.

3 comments:

  1. You say you don't like God! That means you must believe in Him!!!! No! I know what you mean. You don't like the IDEA of God! Neither do I. I came from a very religious background. My father was a Lay-Reader and Headmaster of a church school. I was exactly your age when I came to the conclusions you have come to. And I have never changed. Even now I'lm old and facing up to death I think the whole idea's bunkum! So stick to your guns!(I never hurt other peoples' feelings with my bluntness, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got my full idea. you know the internet is a very funny place. who knew i would making theological conversation with a young woman of your age half way all around the world. thanks for reading. and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree; atheism is not just where the available evidence points, but it is a much more beautiful answer to those tired, Socratic questions regarding the origin of the universe. Of course, the consequences follow; we are essentially without purpose, or meaning, but atheism gives us the intellectual and spiritual vibrancy and courage to defy that lack and forge meaning for ourselves, to seize the day from the wreck of the deity, for ourselves.

    The world is just so much more beautiful without a cosmic dictator to have made it :)

    ReplyDelete